- The ultimate Islay single malt Scotch whisky
- Non Chill-Filtered
- Ardbeg is considered by whisky Connoisseurs to be not only the Best of the Islay malt whiskies but The Best Whisky in the World.
- Ardbeg is Islay, Islay is Ardbeg
- The Ardbeg Distillery lies on the most southerly part of Islay and on the rugged shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Islay is an antique land. Where Celtic monks found refuge raiding Norsemen and early distillers smuggled their illicit ‘aquavitae’ at Ardbeg’s rocky cove. Where the Lords of the Isles ruled much of Scotland between the 12th and 15th centuries – the clan kings whose bloodline continued through the Macdougalls of Ardbeg, the founders of our great and noble whisky. Islay’s history is Ardbeg’s heritage. The island’s past lives in our present.
- Ardbeg is revered around the world as the peatiest, smokiest, most complex whisky of them all. Yet it does not flaunt the peat; rather the peat gives way to the malt, the natural sweetness of which subtly intrudes, producing perfect balance. The unusual spirit still with its purifier, the only one of its kinds on Islay, is what many believe contributes to this balance and complexity, making Ardbeg the malt to which all others aspire ….truly the Ultimate Islay Malt.
- Typically most whiskies are chill-filtered and reduced to a strength of 40% abv. Ardbeg 10 years old, however, is non chill-filtered and has a strength of 46% abv, thus retaining maximum flavour, at the same time giving more body and added depth. On adding water a little cloudiness may occur which is perfectly natural and is not a matter for concern.
- A burst of intense smoky fruit escapes into the atmosphere ? peat infused with zesty lemon and lime, wrapped in waxy dark chocolate. Bold menthol and black pepper slice through the sweet smoke followed by tarry ropes and graphite. Savour the aroma of smoked fish and crispy bacon alongside green bell peppers, baked pineapple and pear juice.
- Add water and an oceanic minerality brings a breath of cool, briny seaspray. Waxed lemon and lime follows with coal tar soap, beeswax and herby pine woodlands. Toasted vanilla and sizzling cinnamon simmer with warm hazelnut and almond toffee.
Alcohol By Volume
- 46% vol
Country of Origin
Preparation and Usage
- Enjoy neat, dilute with a little water or over ice
- Ardbeg Distillery Limited,
Isle of Islay,